June 26th

"Me , Myself and I"
Billie Holiday




This is me - overweight, underpretty, imperfect, struggling me!
And I think I'm finally starting to be OK with that.

I've only been doing 365 for a little over a month but looking at the way I view myself and realising that so many other people have such similar issues with self-image is starting to make me feel more at ease with what I look like. Or maybe it's just that looking at myself instead of hiding from photos and mirrors has made me more comfortable with my appearance.

I still wish I was thinner, had better skin, definately better hair, and I so often think that I'd be better putting my face on before I take photos. Actually none of these things are difficult - I could improve all of them if I chose to. Maybe as I keep doing this project I'll start to make the changes. Actually realising that I'm not beyond saving has to be a good start. I doubt that I'll ever think of myself as beautiful in any way whatsoever, but at least I am starting to be OK looking like me.

Most of the time.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hope that you continue to "find
yourself" on our 365 day journey

Lynne said...

A brave photo today, think we have all eventually shown photos we would normally have hidden or destroyed but somehow 365 is making us 'face up' and achieve goals, this is what we had to do on day 1 make some goals for 2008. Well done you on some wonderful and thoughtful journalling and is it only just over a month since you joined us? Incredible, thought itwas longer!!

Mary B said...

That is so good Krys and that is a good photo of you, you look contented here.