June 21st

"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream,
It is not dying, it is not dying

Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void,
It is shining, it is shining.

Yet you may see the meaning of within
It is being, it is being

Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing

And ignorance and hate mourn the dead
It is believing, it is believing

But listen to the colour of your dreams
It is not leaving, it is not leaving

So play the game "Existence" to the end
Of the beginning, of the beginning"

Tomorrow Never Knows - Lennon




Hmmm - is it a good idea to go where my thoughs on this prompt take me or will it all get far to philosopical and self-indulgent?

To me these words sum up a large part of the way I believe in the world. Am I a spiritual person - possibly not in the traditional sense of the word but I do believe that there is a strength and awareness out there that is bigger than the sum of us. And by us I mean *everything* living on this planet.

'Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream'
Each day I try to find time to turn off my mind from everyday concerns and reach out to the world around me, to connect with the stream of life that encircles the planet and links us all. The feeling of peace and oneness that I get from just being part of this earth centers me and helps me to deal with the things that life throws at me. Sometimes I forget to take this time out and I soon get far too miserable and feel small and useless, isolated and lonely. I do 'lay down all thoughs', I do 'surrender to the void' and I do get a much better sense of the meaning within little things around me.

Love is definately all and it should include everyone. People who seem cruel and mean are often just troubled and misunderstood. Maybe if they knew how to cope with their lives they wouldn't feel the need to hurt others in the ways they do. Maybe they don't even know they hurt others at all...

'And ignorance and hate mourn the dead' - well yes - to me death is a change of state. I still talk to relatives that are no longer living with us and I feel that they hear me and help me. I feel their love still supports me. To me the life force that runs through this earth and, the spirituality of the earth, is made of all that are, all that have been and all that will be. Sort of like a spiritual version of the law of conservation of energy.

'But listen to the colour of your dreams' - I do belive that if you want something strongly enough, if you truly beleve it will happen to you. If your dreams are strong enough they will become reality. Your strength of will can change your path.

So I'll play along with this game of existence until I reach the end...

...and who knows what new beginning I'll find when I get there.

5 comments:

knitkath said...

Brilliant interpretation! Well done!

Lynne said...

Intersting views Krys!

Barbara said...

You look very calm and centred Krys. Sounds like you are at one with the world.

willowthewysp said...

My thoughts exactly!

Curly said...

Fantastic journalling, well done.