June 25th


"See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil"


See No Evil:
I try to see the best in people as much as I can. I try to make allowances when people are being grouchy or behaving 'badly' towards me and I try to teach my girls to do the same. I know that I make allowances for family when things in their lives are difficult and I know that I behave irrationally when I am struggling with things in my life. If both those things are true then the most likely explantion for others treating us badly is that they have other issues that're bothering them. Most of the time if we know the person even a little bit we probably have some idea whats really eating at them - and a little bit of thought is way better than taking things personally and getting needlessly upset.

Hear No Evil:
Oooo - that's a hard one!
I hate missing out on gossip and I love catching up with what's going on in everyone's lives. Yes - I even read Hello magazine sometimes. The one thing I despair about with my husband is that he never takes the blindest bit of notice what's going on around him so if I want work gossip I have to chat to his mates instead. He's beyond hope I'm afraid - lol. Saying that I'm not interested in rumours or gossipy gossip - I guess I'm just nosey about everyone else's news...

Speak No Evil:
Ok so I love finding out what's what but I don't believe in spreading anything malicious or personal. And I never tell secrets.
My kids all say that one of my most irritating sayings is the one Thumper's Dad uses in Bambi: If you can't say something nice then don't say nothing at all. And it has to be said in the naff drawl that Thumper uses to have maximum irritating effect on the kids - he he!

5 comments:

knitkath said...

Great pic, and good journalling!

Minty Magic said...

Great words. If only everyone lived by your words!!

willowthewysp said...

Love your journalling today!

Curly said...

Great journalling, I love that saying too and my kids at school are fed up of hearing it as well!

Barbara said...

Great journalling and great saying.