June 20th

"It's been a hard day's night, and I been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log
But when I get home to you I'll find the things that you do
Will make me feel alright"
Hard Days Night - Lennon

What kind of day have you had?




  • 6.40 - get up & make coffee

  • 7.00 - wake the girls

  • 7.15 - take fresh coffee to hubby in bed

  • 7.30 - check today's prompt and say 'hi' to the other 365ers. Order a new phone to pick up from Argos later today.

  • 7.45 - find DD3s cello bow (on the ironing board of all places). Wave goodbye to youngest two girls and hubby.
    No school run for me today as DD2 has sports day and DD1 is still on work experience

  • 8.30 - wake DD2

  • 8.45 - realise DD2 has no intention whatesoever of going to sports day (she doesn't want to sit around being bored all day apparently) so get grumpy with her. Do let her stay home though as she only moved schools a month ago and probably won't be in any of the events

  • 9.00 - wake oldest, fill the dishwasher and put it on

  • 9.10 - hang out the washing and pull a few weeds out of the gravel near the washing line

  • 9.30 - teach oldest how to make butter icing for her leaving day cake (last day at work experience today for her)

  • 10.00 - make another coffee and read a couple of chapters of my book while DD1 hennas my hand ready for the solstice

  • 11.30 - hang next load of washing out & say hello to the first of my day lilles to flower this year

  • 11.40 - put a dark load in the washing machine

  • 11.45 - check bank balance, realise I'm skint again. Buy lottery tickets!

  • 12.00 - check up on 365 thread and finish my slayer task

  • 13.24 - go outside and spend a couple of quiet minutes knowing that the moon has just risen for midsummer (even though I can't see it for the buildings to the East of us)

  • 13.30 - make a quick sandwich and grab some fruit for lunch

  • 13.50 - take oldest and her cake to work

  • 14.00 - drop into Argos to pick up the phone and choose a pressie for youngest to take to her party tomorrow

  • 14.20 - go to the bank

  • 14.30 - stop in my favoutite spot of the churchyard for a little while to talk to the trees and make a charm to bind my hopes into reality before the midwinter solstice. Say thanks for feeling better about me most of the time now (that was my last solstice wish)

  • 15.50 - go meet the two youngest girls at school and stay for youngest's last violin lesson before her exam next week

  • 17.00 - buy ice creams for the two youngest and stop at the lido for a little play (and a coulpe of chapters of book for me)

  • 18.00 - pick up oldest from work and drop her home

  • 19.00 - take youngest two to karate lesson and do a little crochet while I watch them

  • 20.30 - stop at the shop for a milk and bread as I know we'll have run out by now

  • 20.45 - Make supper, eat, get youngest two to bed

  • 21.30 - watch last night's Boston Legal

  • 22.30 - fall asleep on sofa

  • sometime later - wake up, drag myself off to bed
  • 7 comments:

    Barbara said...

    Sounds like you have had a very busy and productive morning.

    Mary B said...

    Well that is only ½ the day what is planned for the rest. lol

    Lynne said...

    I'm exhausted reading all that, what a day but at least you did some reading and crotchet :)
    Found it really intersting especially your belief in the solistice.

    Barbara said...

    And an even busier afternoon and evening. Brilliant.

    Mary B said...

    I see you did plan to do the rest of the day lol
    and I think the title was just about right for you It has been a Hard Days Night.

    knitkath said...

    Busy, busy! No wonder you fell asleep!

    Minty Magic said...

    You are one busy lady!!!