June 24th

"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"
Show me your 3 sides!




The Good:
Hardest one to do as I rarely see my virtues and when I do I'm never really sure if they are my true virtues or just me being big-headed.
  • I'm tolerant, accepting of others and prepared to believe the best of others most of the time

  • I'm a good Mum - I have strong relationships with all four of my daughters and I must be doing a pretty good job so far as I get very positive comments from school and other people they meet about their attitudes and behaviour. More importantly they all seem happy and well-adjusted most of the time

  • I'd like to think I'm a good friend. People seem to come to me when they need to talk and I hope that I can listen without judging and maybe even help to make things seem a little clearer at times


  • The Bad:
    This one could go on for ever! Aren't we all so much more aware of our bad points than our good ones:
  • I'm a terrible housewife. I always have a huge washing pile, a huge ironing pile, an untidy kitchen and a things I can't seem to find when I only had them yesterday

  • I'm such a grouch when the place is messy! (yes, I totally know it's my own fault)

  • I'm far too impulsive about things and always hate having to face the consequences of my impulsive actions

  • I find it hard to say 'No' to people when they want me to do things. Even when I'm way too busy, way to tired and I don't even want to help out.


  • The Ugly:
    Have you seen the photo at the top of this post!
  • I put things off all the time! Everything!
    Sometimes I'm just distracted and forget things, somtimes I'm just too lazy and don't want to do stuff. The worst is when I have something to do that is hard to face then I just don't face it until I absolutely have to. It always makes things so much harder to deal with and makes my life so much more stressful but I just don't seem to be able to get over this horribly frustrating part of myself. Writing this out has been hard but actually facing it will probably do me good. I should deal with it one tiny step at a time I guess. Maybe today is the the day that I will make the change and stick to it. OK, decision made - first step is from now on I'll always be 5 minutes early to pick up the kids from school not 5 minutes late (wish me luck)
  • 6 comments:

    knitkath said...

    Great pic and journalling! Good luck with changing the little things!

    Mary B said...

    What a photo to greet us good job it is not first thing in the morning lol
    as for your 'bad' journaling I can identify with every aspect of that.

    willowthewysp said...

    LOL! Your bad and ugly sound just like mine!!!

    Minty Magic said...

    I love your journalling. It is so honest and so well written. Hope you manage the 5 minutes early challenge!

    Barbara said...

    great journalling. Hope you make it 5 mins early.

    Steph said...

    Well Done on your honest journaling - I hope you can gain that 5 mins!