June 14th

“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.”
Rachel Carson (1907-1964) - marine biologist




This photo was taken a few years ago by DH and I have always hated it becaue I look so huge in it. However, I never deleted it and it does catch me in one of my moments of total childishness after hurtling down the slide as fast as I could.

A child most definately needs lots of adult company to show them to wonders and mystery of the world but the company of children is also so valuable in reminding us jaded old adults that of the very same things. How often do we get so wrapped up in the chores and stresses of everyday lives and forget to do the silly, simple things that bring joy: to run just for the fun of feeling the wind rushing past us, to blow bubbles so we can admire the beautiful colours in them, to hug someone spontaneaously just because being with them at that moment in time pleases us so much.

I'm not sure who needs whom the most....

6 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Fab photo...and I agree kids remind us of the need to chill :) (usually when they are not the cause of stress lol)

Lynne said...

Krys this is fab journalling again and you must be feeling confident to show us a photo you hate of yourself!!

knitkath said...

Brilliant journalling! Love that pic!

willowthewysp said...

Wonderful journalling and so true!

Mary B said...

Oh I so so agree with you in our need to be like little children every now and then to rediscover the sheer joy of living life to the full. I love this photo of you because you look so happy and having so much fun just doing what children do.

Curly said...

This piccy is fantastic I'm so glad you didn't delete it and that you shared it with us.