June 5th

Lovely Day
We lie on our backs watching the clouds. Our lovely day
I like old black and white movies, travelling to far off lands




I'm possibly the only person in the world that doesn't like old black and white movies. I just don't have the patience for them.

Travelling to far off lands is something I'd love to do, something that has always fascinted me. I've seen most of Europe but nothing any further away. One day when the kids have left home, when my days aren't so full and my bank balance isn't so empty, I'll make sure I get to visit as much of the world as I possibly can. The only thing is I don't want to be a tourist, an outsider looking in. I want to see how other people really live, how other cultures deal with the world and to go to places where other people aren't.

Until then I'll be contented (reasonably) with the beauty I can find in this little country of ours.

Oh - and the clouds...
There's one that looks like a rather cute dinosaur grannie with a bonnet on looking through our roof hatch right now :)

8 comments:

domestic goddess said...

oh wow how clever is this, love your take on the prompts!

knitkath said...

Another great photo! Love your journalling, hope you get to travel soon!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

hope your dreams come true :) great journaling btw

Mary B said...

I love your photos for this week and I simply adore that cloud description

Barbara said...

Very descriptive. Hope you get to travel the world once the girls are grown up. Great photo.

Lynne said...

How are you doing these photos? Have downloaded the dolls but cannot alter them:(
Clever lady!
I hate black and white movies too but have been fortunate to travel in these latter years, you will too when the girla are older :)

Steph said...

So clever! Well done

Curly said...

Very clever, I'm with you on the B&W movies though, I do like the odd one or two but mostly not.