July 15th

A new week, and this weeks prompts will be the Zodiac signs. Be inspired by birth stones, flowers, animals or the characteristics of each sign. For those that do not believe in Horoscopes, please feel free to take the flower as your inspiration
Aries - Ram - Bloodstone - Honeysuckle




I've only known one Aries person well and that would be my Grandpa. He was the most amazing person and I still talk to him often when I feel lost in this world. He died when my oldest daughter was 3 months old but I wish he could spend just one day with them all now because they would adore him and he would adore them so much. I often wonder if he is proud of me although I know that he would never judge me no matter what mess I got myself into .

He was quiet and gentle and strong. He was, and still is, an inspiration to me. He loved my Nan dearly until the day he died and would have moved the world to make her happy.

I remember him catching my paddling in a puddle without my shoes and socks on when I was about six years old. He was horrified and very cross with me. I'd never actually seen him cross before so I knew I had done something really terrible. I begged him not to tell my Mum (if Grandpa was this cross she'd be ten times worse) and only found out after his death that he never ever did tell her. He never told her about the Crunchie bars he bought me when we went to feed the ducks whilst she was cooking Sunday lunches either.

6 comments:

Minty Magic said...

What a special Grandpa he sounds. I love that you have such special memories of him. Just what a Grandpa should be.

Mary B said...

He looks a lovely man.

Steph said...

Lovely memories to have - he sounds just like Grandpa's should be!

knitkath said...

Lovely memories, he sounds a super grandpa!

Barbara said...

Looks a fun guy. Glad you have some lovely memories of him.

Lynne said...

Krys a lovely story and he was very special to you, like my dad was to me but he died when I was 32and expecting my 2nd son :(