May 26th

“If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.”
Mitsugi Saotome (b. 1937)
Aikido instructor, author




As much as I like my own space life without my family would be inconceivable. They make the sun shine and the world seem sweeter; they are 'my working week and my Sunday rest, my noon, my midnight, my talk, my song'. We are six, but we are one - may we be that way forever.

6 comments:

knitkath said...

Love that picture, and your journalling is so true for large families!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful picture, love the journalling

Minty Magic said...

What a lovely picture. I love the way you have tweaked it to get the blurry edges,

Mary B said...

That is a beautiful photograph and I love the way you have faded it out at the edge

Steph said...

Love the picture and love the quote from the poem

Lynne said...

Beautiful photo and beautiful words