May 24th

We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.”
Max De Pree (b.1924)
author, former CEO of Herman Miller, Inc




Space to grow. that's what I am looking for right now. Space to be me rather than anyone's mum or anyone's wife - or anyone's anything really.

My children are growing fast into unique and wonderful people. They are all so different from each other. That often suprises me as they are, after all, sisters and have had the same influences throughout their lives. Others have told me that their variation comes from being allowed the space to be themselves and maybe that is true. All I know is that they are who they are. They have always been who they are. From birth they had different souls and different personalities; all I have done is watch them develop into the beautiful people they were meant to be. Hopefully with as little damage as possible along the way.

But now is my time. For some reason I feel like I have been dormant as they have grown and if I don't find my own space, my own center of being, then I will have nothing left to help those around me be strong and supported.

5 comments:

Mary B said...

I hope you find that space to be you very soon. Nice pensive photo of your there.

knitkath said...

So very true about mum's being dormant while child rearing! But you do find yourself again, and start to grow again!

Lynne said...

You/me time does finally come as children grow up.
Love this photo too.

Shirley said...

Krys this is a lovely photo of you, it really does g so well with your journalling, which again is spot on for the prompt.
X

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great journalling I and a fabulous pic of you