May 25th

“Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.”
John R. Wooden (b. 1910) basketball coach, author




What is this - lessons for my children? The last four days prompts are all things that I have tried to instil into them. This one reminds me particularly of my second daughter. She is 12 now, but for quite a while one of her favourite sayings has been 'It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice". I guess in the words of a child that's pretty much the same as todays prompt.

Love you Calli :)

6 comments:

Mary B said...

That is exactly the same meaning and far more precise.
Lovely photo I take it that is the DD in question

willowthewysp said...

Great photo, and very well said your DD!

Shirley said...

Your DD has certainly hit the nail on the head with her quote.
You have taken a lovely photo of her too.
A daugther to be proud of :)

knitkath said...

Your dd certainly hit the nail on the head with that saying! Lovely photo!

Curly said...

I love your photo and this is a really good saying, I use it with my children at school too.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

exactly the same....great piccy