October 20th

“There's a side of my personality that goes completely against the East Coast educated person and wants to be a pin-up girl in garages across America...there's a side that wants to wear the pink angora bikini!”
Mira Sorivona - American actress




A lot of people think I'm eccentric - personally I knnow that I'm totally normal. Eccentric would be a good thing to be but I still seem pretty normal to me.

The one thing that I would love to do is skydive - and yes I can understand why people think that's nuts. I've been once and it was without doubt the most amazing, fantastic, life-enhancing feeling ever! Leaving the plane and feeling the air rushing past my face, the noise of it, the exhileration... Then the sudden silence as the canopy opened and slowed me right down, leaving me time to spin around slowly and admire the panoramic view of the countryside. No other experience could come close.

If I ever have cash to spare I'll be straight down to Hinton to sign on for the accelerated freefall course there. Driving past there on the way to my Mother-in-law's is really hard. Especially on sunny blue days when you can see the canopies floating gently down to earth.

4 comments:

Mary B said...

Wonderful and I don't think you are eccentric at all that would really be a wonderful experience.

knitkath said...

Wow, that must be some feeling, and adrenaline rush! Hope you get to do it again!

Minty Magic said...

Wow that is pretty daring. Is that photo you?

Shirley said...

That would certainly be something for you to do Krys! I have a friend Sal who did this and although she loved it I do not think she will be doing it again. lol