August 11th (and before)

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me...
Erna Bomback




I wish I had more time in my life to play music. I watch my daughters practice every day and miss doing so myself. At least helping them to enjoy music is something I can do right now - there will be time aplenty to cultivate my own talents when my girls are grown and flying free.

August 10th

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
Leonardo da Vinci




August 9th

"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory."
Ghandi Mahatma




You have to be kidding me!!!

If I spend ages trying to do something and it turns out badly then no way do I feel any satisfaction whatsoever in the effort I put in. Satisfaction only lies in the effort if the result is one that makes you smile.

August 8th

“Appreciation...acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.”
Alan Cohen - author





August 7th

"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. you only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-68) - American civil rights leader






August 6th

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948) - Indian political and spiritual leader






August 5th



“If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain.”
Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) - poet


If I can ease the hurts of my children and help them to grow up with the strength to resist the pains that life throws at them then my life will not have been lived in vain.

If I can make my husband's life an happier and more peaceful place then my life will not have been lived in vain.

5 comments:

knitkath said...

Great pics, love the one with the drill!

Shirley said...

Brilliant selection of photos krys and must say that drill one made me chuckle and respect at the same time. Go girl!!!!!

Mary B said...

Some great photos here and I so so agree with what you have put for the 9th attempting and failing gives no satisfaction at all.

Minty Magic said...

A lovely selection of photos. I don't like the thought of drilling a hole into the side of the boat.

Barbara said...

great photos. Love the one with the drill